British Cycling Club Andorra Competition
We are offering a free trip of a lifetime to Andorra, courtesy of Andorra Tourism who will be operating this trip, for 10 selected club secretaries or their nominated cyclists. Riders will get to experience one of cycling’s hidden gems and ride some of the climbs that feature in the Vuelta de España.
The trip is from 17 – 20 June 2019 and will be completely free of charge, save for flights from London to Barcelona, currently priced at around £60 return.
To enter the competition, simply tell us why you want to go to Andorra and we will be selecting 10 cyclists to join us, on 25 February 2019. Please see our Terms & Conditions for this offer at the bottom of the page.
Please note that this trip is operated by Andorra Tourism rather than Love Velo.
17th June 2019
- Arrival at Barcelona Airport and transfer to La Massana, Andorra
- Check in to the 4* Magic La Massana Hotel
- Welcome dinner at the hotel.
18th June 2019
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Delivery of hire bikes and meet the ride guides
- Today we will take in 2 climbs that feature in the Vuelta de España, the Coll de Ordino and the Collada de Beixalis, both of which are 1st Cat climbs, the Coll de Ordino is a spectacular 9.9Km with an average gradient of 7%, peaking out at an altitude of 1,980 metres and the Collada de Beixalis is a serpentine 6.6Km with an average of 8.4%.
- Lunch en route at one of Andorra’s certified bike hotels.
- Dinner at the hotel.
19th June 2019
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Today we will start with a 10Km downhill before tackling the Coll de La Gallina, featured in the Vuelta de España many times, including as part of what was considered to be one of the toughest stages of all time, in 2015, Coll de Gallina is some 12 Km at an average 8.4%. Our other climb today is the Alt D’Englosters a shorter 6.4 Km climb but that also has an average 8.4%.
- Lunch en route.
- Farewell dinner at a restaurant in La Massana.
20th June 2019
- Check out and transfer back to Barcelona for flights home.
**Routes subject to change depending on weather, road conditions and group level.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch and all that we require you to do is
1) Publish photos and a short story/blog of the trip on your club social media pages and/or in the club blog.
2) Publish a review of your trip on Love Velo’s Trustpilot account
3) Provide Love Velo & Andorra Tourism with a short piece of copy, a paragraph in length to be used on a blog post which will be shared across Andorra Tourism#s and Love Velo's social media.
- Accommodation at the 4* Magic La Massana hotel, based on 2 people sharing a twin room. We can provide single occupancy at an additional cost.
- Meals as per the itinerary.
- Road bike hire
- 2 days guided riding
- Transfers from and to Barcelona airport
What’s not included?
- Flights to and from Barcelona Airport
- Helmets, pedals and shoes
- Travel insurance
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Our decision is final and cannot be appealed
- All entries must be made using this page
- All entries must be in by 9am on 25/2/19.
- Flights are not included and the winner must book flights as directed by Andorra Tourism. Airport transfers will not be included if any alternative flights are booked.
- Any winner warrants that their health and fitness is such that they can ride long distances with steep and long ascents.
- Any winner warrants that they are capable of riding safely and considerately in a group.
- No cyclist will be allowed to join any ride without wearing a helmet.
- Your email address and phone number will be used for marketing of Love Velo cycling holidays but will not be passed on to third parties.