We are based in Farringdon, Central London and are an exciting, innovative start up business hungry for success. We want our customers to love cycling as much as we do and it doesn’t matter if they haven’t been on a bike yet or they are a seasoned sportive rider.
If you can draw on personal experiences and articulate your love for all things riding, you might be the perfect person to complement our team.
Previous experience of working in travel sales is desirable though not a necessity. The key for us is that you are a cyclist and that you understand a cyclist’s concerns before they travel and their needs whilst they travel. You need to be articulate and to be able to think on your feet but most of all, you need to be as excited about cycling as we are.
If you think you might have the skills to come and work for Love Velo then drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit of background about yourself and your CV.
Multiple Vacancies - Sales Consultant
Department: Travel Sales
Location: Farringdon, London
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, shift patterns between 8.30 am and 7.00 pm.
Salary: £20,000-£22,000 (DOE) pa + Uncapped commission
We are looking for someone who has travelled by bike extensively and has a real passion in using that experience to help our customers book their perfect cycling holiday. You will be working in a fast paced and challenging role liaising between clients and suppliers to book all elements of a customer’s cycling holiday.
Role to include, but not limited to:-
- Act in a professional and efficient manner to phone and email enquiries
- Understand the customer’s cycling ability and what they want to gain from their cycling holiday
- Effectively communicate our itineraries and make suggestions according to a customer’s cycling experience
- Understand a client’s budget and what itineraries would suit
- Achieve great levels of client service at all times to encourage repeat business
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of destinations, the product and the best experiences
- Communicate effectively with customers from the start of their enquiry with Love Velo through to their return from their trip to ensure a smooth and successful journey
- To identify potential new business from old leads
- Use initiative to up-sell and cross-sell other products to the customer
- Participation in networking and industry related events as required, including on occasion, some evenings and weekends
- Ability to update and write content for the Love Velo website and social media platforms
- Telephone sales experience
- First hand experience of recreational or sport oriented cycling travel
- Able to think on your feet quickly
- Able to research and understand cycling regions with which you are unfamiliar
- Understand the the nuances of the cycling holidays market and the need to be clear and communicative without offering itineraries that would be patronising or intimidating to a customer
- Results driven
- Strong communication and research skills
- Carry effective organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to work under pressure
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary, with uncapped earnings
- The chance to get in on the ground floor of a new exciting cycling travel business under a large umbrella group
- Extensive opportunities to develop in a fast-growing company
How do I apply?
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.