Working For Us
We are based in Farringdon, central London and given our growth and explosion in the cycling travel industry, we are always on the lookout for people who can add significant value to our teams.
Do you have a passion for cycling? Do you know the best roads and routes experienced cyclists as well as families? Do you ride? If you can talk confidently about cycling and travel then we want to hear from you.
We are a sales-oriented company and so previous experience of working in travel sales is desirable.
If you think you might have the skills to come and work for us then drop us an email to careers @ lovevelo.co.uk with a bit of background about yourself and your CV.
Recuiting Now – Sales Consultant
Contract: Permanent – Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, shift patterns between 8 am and 6.00 pm. Saturday working may be required between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm on a rota basis, dependent upon business requirements.
Salary: Dependent on experience + Uncapped commission.
Your day in a nutshell:
- Most of our customers will have enquired online about a particular itinerary or holiday. You will need to speak with them and really understand what they want to achieve from their holiday. No two cycling holidays are the same and it is hugely important you engage with them and recommend the ideal holiday destination and itinerary.
- You will need to be able to act as a consultant and so know all our itineraries and destinations well, upsell and cross sell to create the perfect holiday.
- We pride ourselves on having a single point of contact for a client and so you will manage their booking all the way through until they hopefully book with us again.
- Candidates should have worked in the travel or cycling industries, in a similar phone based role providing travel consultations
- You must be comfortable with sales and preferably have a natural flair for spotting appropriate opportunities to introduce suitable options to customers to ensure the best travel package is provided
- An understanding of the cycling travel market, what’s hot and what’s not.
- You will excel in fast paced, high-pressured environments and have the ability to self motivate
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written are a must, with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers
- You will also be naturally proactive, if you don’t know the best answer to a customer’s query or need you will be someone who is able to research solutions efficiently
- A true team player – you will enjoy a spot of healthy competition in the workplace but be able to balance this appropriately with supporting your colleagues when needed and sharing best practice
To support you in building a great career here we offer:
- Competitive basic salary
- The chance to help shape the direction of this new and exciting startup
- Extensive training and opportunities to develop in a fast-growing company
- An uncapped commission scheme that can afford you a significant uplift in your salary
- 22 days holiday that rises to 25 days after a year of service
- Familiarisation trips abroad
- Sportive trips abroad
We are an equal opportunities employer.
How do I apply?
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Love Velo Employee Benefits
We run trips to some of the major European sportives. Our sales team need know exactly what they are selling so there are opportunities to come out to various events including the Mallorca 312, Etape du Tour, Marmotte and Maratona dles Dolomites.
We are based in Farringdon in London. Callum Skinner, gold medallist at Rio 2016 is our brand ambassador and he sometimes pops in. Check out the last time he was here. SWEATY!